Add column to count grades greater than 90?

Add column to count grades greater than 90?

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 3
In a course, I need to know how many units each student has completed at 90% or higher. I need a count for each student.

Can I insert a column in the gradebook with something like Excel's COUNTIF function, to add 1 to the count for each unit in that category for which the grade is 90% or higher?

Is there a way to do this in the gradebook, so I don't have to keep downloading the grades and making this calculation in Excel?

I've looked through the gradebook documentation, and I can't find anything on this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gerald
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Add column to count grades greater than 90?

by Bob Puffer -
Check out this forum for the discussions that deal with adding custom columns to the grader report. You'll need to write some code.
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Maybe you could do this with formulas, something like:

=sum(round((test01/100-0.39,0)), (round(test02/100-0.39,0)), (round(test03/100-0.39,0)), .....)

See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Grades_FAQ#How_do_I_give_a_fixed_score_for_a_successful_quiz_attempt

Cheers,

Barry
In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

by Gerald Grow -

I found a way that worked. First, working in the gradebook, open to categories, I went to the bottom and clicked to set up a new grade item, "Count."

I returned to grade category view, found "Count," and clicked on the calculator symbol. 

I went down the display of my graded items and added a number to each. Quizzes could then be referred to as 1, 2, etc.

Here's what I put in the formula box at the top:

=round((1/80)-0.49,0) + round((2/80)-0.49,0) + round((3/80)-0.49,0) + round((4/80)-0.49,0)

adding additional +round units until I had listed the number of every grade I wanted counted.

It took some fiddling to make sure the formula and the ID numbers were correct, but when they were correct, Moodle accepted the formula and it worked.

The formula above is set up to count each grade that is 80% or higher. Modify the 80 to whatever grade you need to count.