which legacy role type for a new role "student as a restricted editing teacher" ?

which legacy role type for a new role "student as a restricted editing teacher" ?

by Monica Franz -
Number of replies: 4
Hi!

I found some long discussions about legacy role types, but is there a simple answer?!

Well I made a new role "student as a restricted editing teacher". The restriction is mainly that no role assignments are allowed.

Now, I changed the legacy role type to none, teacher, student and so on. But nothing seems to happen during building up a course thru a testuser with the new role.

Which legacy role type should I use, as the student has the role "student" on the website and the professor assigns the student to the new role "student as an restricted editing teacher" for his course, so the student can design the course for him?

I'm using Moodle Version 1.9.8.

Regards,

Monica
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Franz

Re: which legacy role type for a new role "student as a restricted editing teacher" ?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What do you mean by "nothing seems to happen during building up a course thru a test user with the new role"?
Do you want the student to be able to add materials to the course but NOT add any students? Is that what you wish to do?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: which legacy role type for a new role "student as a restricted editing teacher" ?

by Monica Franz -
Hi Mary!

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work, in spite of some German data privacy act!
The new role doesn't allow gradeing (which we don't use in the commun way anyway), managing/reading notes, reseting courses, and so on.

Do you have any other suggestion how this would work?

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
For 99% of users the legacy role setting does nothing. It's for compatibility with pre-roles optional plugins. I doubt there's many of those still around.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Monica Franz -
Hi Howard!

Aha, thought so as in the German forum nobody even answered my question.

Thanks! So I'll ignore it, as we only just upgraded from 1.9.3 to 1.9.8. and don't have any older versions.

Cheers,

Monica