Online booklets?

Online booklets?

by Carmel Wooding -
Number of replies: 4
Hi!

I apologise if I'm posting to the wrong place - please redirect me if this is the case!

I am a Moodle beginner however I'm currently assisting teachers to get started with Moodle. The following has popped up:

* Teachers currently hand out booklets of work to be completed over the term. Please see attached for example.

* Can this somehow be incorporated into Moodle as an online task for students to submit throughout the term? I've attempted to change the document into a quiz however teachers want to mark it manually. My experience so far has been that when marking teachers have to mark by QUESTION as opposed to by Student's total work. Is that correct?

* Does anyone have suggestions of how this may be achieved with Moodle? We are currently on version 1.9.8

Thanks for your help/patience!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carmel Wooding

Re: Online booklets?

by Adma Lim -
how about using Assignment ?

i m using 1.9.1, where we have the Advance Uploading of Assignment. Students download the file from it and then submit back to the teachers when they done it via the assignment upload.

by Itamar Tzadok -
I would construct the booklet as a database (activity module) entry form. You should expect a bit of work given the number of edit sections in the booklet but the result may be quite effective.

If by marking the "Student's total work" you mean marking the student's report as a whole rather than item by item then the database activity module should meet your requirement. The whole report can go into one entry and the teacher marks the entry as a whole.

hth smile

by Randy Orwin -
If you want to do the booklet completely online, then Itamar's suggestion is what I would go with. It is a bit more complicated using the Database activity but for what you describe science wise it is probably the best option. The maps could be hand drawn and scanned in and then attached to the database activity using a file upload field. Any of the fields are editable by the teacher and you also have the ability to add unlimited comments to each submission allowing you as the teacher to provide feedback as the project progresses. The teacher also has the ability to actually edit any field within the database as well, even using red text if so desired.

If you don't wan't to do the full online method of a database then Adma's idea of using the advanced file upload assignment type will work well too. You just have to download the files after they are uploaded to review them. I personally would use the database activity and have used it successfully for a number of different projects.

by Carmel Wooding -
Thank you all for taking the time to offer advice - I really appreciate it!!

Will go & investigate databases - wish me luck ;)

Thanks again!

C