Can I link a moodle-imported Jcloze quiz to a lesson?

Can I link a moodle-imported Jcloze quiz to a lesson?

by brian avery -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I have established that importing a HP jcloze quiz into a lesson doesn't work. That's progress. However, I have imported one into a normal quiz and added it as an activity to a course.

However, the cloze was intended to be directly linked to a question page (without questions) in a lesson. At the moment, they're divorced.

2 questions:
Is there any way to link this cloze quiz to a lesson page? I seem to recall seeing that a lesson could be linked to an activity.
Failing that, in what ways can I use a HP cloze quiz in moodle - only through a standalone quiz activity?

Thanks for any comments.
Brian
Average of ratings: -
In reply to brian avery

Re: Can I link a moodle-imported Jcloze quiz to a lesson?

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Brian,

Mary's answered you elsewhere about how to link from Lesson to a Quiz (or any other page).

Though I wrote I wouldn't recommend QuizPort to beginners because it's in beta, I actually find it easier to use than Lesson and it will do many similar things.

You might like to look at this course English for Academics and Professionals for ways of integrating Hot Potatoes into a course. In this course QuizPort is used for presenting the Hot Potatoes and I could have made pre and post conditions for each exercise. I didn't because this course is just for teachers to have a look at but I have used it with real adult students and found they almost all worked through it in order without being forced to. In fact, when I did try imposing conditions, they complained because it made it difficult to go back and redo exercises. There are other courses open to guests on the same site.

There's also Deborah Delin's incredible Free Phonetic Reading Course made up almost entirely of Hot Potatoes exercises.

Cheers,
Glenys

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Can I link a moodle-imported Jcloze quiz to a lesson?

by brian avery -
Thank you...I'l go look for Mary's response and then see what all these nice new things can teach me!

By the way, I found the link to activity from lessons. I think I need new glasses because it was under my hooter all the time. Like I say, you can go word blind (especially when you're working at 3.00am).

Brian