Quizport chain - Can it show no grade for textual items?

Quizport chain - Can it show no grade for textual items?

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 1
Gordon,

I've set up a "practice" Quizport that does not record a grade. (I assume the same problem will appear in a Quizport unit that records a grade.)

Inside it are an alternating sequence of Explanation of topic 1, Hot Potatoes Quiz on topic 1; Explanation of topic 2, Hot Potatoes Quiz on topic 2, and so on.

What I'm focused on here is this: Students want to track the practice they have completed. Since such ungraded practice does not appear in the gradebook, they can't use the gradebook to do so.

Nicely, Quizport supplies a tracking chart. But there's a quirk.

In the tracking chart Quizport produces for this unit, every item in the unit receives a grade. The Hot Potatoes quizzes report the actual percentage score.

However, a page of explanatory text returns a 0% score.

I've tried various settings and can't find one that delivers the eqivalent of OK, you read this!

I'm looking for an alternative to having an explanatory page treated as a 0%-score quiz.

If you can think of a way to do this, please let me know.

Gerald

Here's a screenshot. The 0% scores appear after reading a page of explanatory text and clicking "continue." The 86% score was returned by a Hot Potatoes quiz.

Image showing QP text returning 0% grade
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Quizport chain - Can it show no grade for textual items?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gerald,
thanks for the explanation and the screenshot. I see exactly what you mean.

In the table of attempt results, the "completed" status for the readings seems reaonable, but I can imagine that the students are slightly perplaxed by the "0%". I am pretty sure we can remove that, and replace it with either an empty table cell, or a dash "-".

I will add this to the list of improvements to QuizPort I intend to make later this month (Aug).

many thanks for suggesting this improvement approve
Gordon