delete attempt in quizport

delete attempt in quizport

by james aco -
Number of replies: 35

Hi

i'm trying to delete quizport attempt but it seems that i cant figure out how to do it.

thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to james aco

Re: delete attempt in quizport

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,
click on the "QuizPorts" link in the "Activities" block on your course page
(see screenshot), then select and delete attempts from there.

Gordon
Attachment activities.block.quizport.jpg
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Alternatively, if you just want to delete your own attempts
while you are testing and setting up a QuizPort activity,
you can enable the Entry page for the QuizPort
and enable the "Attempts" option (see screenshot).
Then you can select and delete attempts from the entry page.

... looks like you have already discovered how to do this smile

Gordon

Attachment quizport.entry.page.jpg

by james aco -

Thank you Gordon,
Thank you for the knowledge about deleting attempts in quizport.

But i have another problem...

... I'm trying to change the filed that control the entry page when changing to "no entry page" its seems that its not affect the quizport

thank you

In reply to james aco

by james aco -
it's seems that quizport doesnt changing the text its always the same text,
and i think i cant see the exit page
In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

I think you are confused about the "Entry page" and the "Menu of quizzes". Your questions suggest you think they are the same, but actually they are different.

The "Entry page" appears when you start a new attempt at a QuizPort unit. It contains the "Entry page text" and the "Entry page options".

The "Menu of quizzes" appears after a quiz is finished, if there are no post-conditions specifying a particular quiz to do next. In this case, QuizPort show a list of all available quizzes to the student, and they can choose which one they do next.

The exit page will appear when all the quizzes have been completed, or if a quiz with a post-condition specifying "End of quiz" is completed.

hope that helps
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Oh, wait a minute ... I just reread your email. I think I misunderstood it first time.

You have set your QuizPort's "Entry page" setting to "No" but when you login as a teacher you can still see the entry page. Your question is "why?". Is the right?

When you are a teacher you are always shown the entry page. Otherwise, you would keep starting new unit attempts every time you entered the QuizPort to view reports or access the "Edit quizzes" page. Usually, as a teacher, you do not want to do keep starting new attempts at a QuizPort unit. This is why teachers are always shown the entry page.

If you want to see what the students see, then switch your role to "Student" on the course page and then access the QuizPort.

sorry for my confusion!
Gordon

by james aco -

hello Gordon

1. what i mean is that when yo change to "no" or editing the text ,nothing was changed the old text and the entry page are shown and of course as a student.

2. in quiz port exercise - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2120 i want to grub the grades of the student even he  did not finish the quiz and pass to another quiz.
 i edit the filed:"Ignore voids" to no and of course i tested it with yes and the same.

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

1. I changed "Show Entry page" to "Yes" and set the "Entry page text" to "Entry page text added by Gordon". I can now see the new Entry page. Please check and confirm that you can see it too.

2. QuizPort records the grades so far - even if attempts are not completed. For example, the user called "דן" currently has a unit attempt in progress (see screenshot)

Evenything seems to be working normally to me.

Attachment quizport.results.gif

by Gordon Bateson -
Here is the entry page I can see when logged in as a student.
Attachment quizport.entrypage.gif

by james aco -

1.  i dont knoe what to say about the entry page but yesterday it doesnt act like today maybe i was  tired or something...

*** it was very nice how you copy the name of the user "דן" to explain to me and to be clearly - thank you

today i checked and tried to change the entry page from "yes" to  "no"  and opposite in XP , FF and Chrom its work fine But i notice jus to let you know that in chrom editing  the quizport unit the Html editing toolbar does not appear,instad there is just text box....

2.  for the Abandoned Grades - in this exercise - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2120

i tried to ansower to  just the first quiz and just the tow firs filed as you can see here in image - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/5.7.2010-hotpot.JPG

and i get grade of 22% for the first quiz but as you will see in the next image that no result - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/Grade-1.JPG

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/Grade-2.JPG

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

Glad the Entry page is working well for you now.

Thanks for the info about Chrome. Looks like the HTML editor is not compatible with Chrome yet sad

I tried the first exercise in the QuizPort you gave link to. After filling in a few blanks, I clicked the "Check" button and then the "=>" to move on to the next quiz. I got a message saying "Your results so far will be saved and you can redo this quiz later". I clicked OK and the next quiz was displayed. When I went to look at the reports page for that QuizPort the partial results from the first quiz had been saved.

Therefore, I can say that the saving of partial results seems to work OK for me.

Gordon

by james aco -

please Gordon try this     user - livetv1    password-123456

i cant grab any result result/

In reply to james aco

by james aco -

i tried in the three  Browsers- FF,CHROM and XP,I tried different ip and diferent computers and of course 3 different users two of them teachers and one student.

what can cause this problem?

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

How odd. It works fine for me. That is to say, I started a new attempt, completed the first quiz, clicked Check, went to the next quiz, went back to the course page, re-entered the QuizPort, clicked "Results" and there were the results of the first quiz.

Did you actually fill in any of the blanks in the JCloze?

Gordon

by james aco -

Hi Gordon

1.when finishing the quiz so there is no problems but when "Abandoned attempt" no result.

2. What is the condition to "in progress", how much time the quiz will be "in progress"?

Thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
This is happening because for every quiz, you have set "Allow resume" to "Force". Therefore, before allowing users access to any quiz, QuizPort will check to see if there is already a quiz attempt in progress. When it finds one, it will force the users to continue do that quiz until that quiz is completed.

I think if you change all the "Allow resume" settings on your QuizPort quizzes to "No", the software will behave more as you expect. You can change all the quizzes at once from the "Edit quizzes" page.

You can leave the "Allow resume" setting for the QuizPort unit, set to "Force" or "Yes".

Gordon

by james aco -

1.  this exercies that you tested

was already set to "no" in quizport edit page but i looked at the setting of the quizport quizes and i notice that all of the quizes are in force mode,

so i changed all to "no" and i checked and approve that all the quizes changed to "no".

but its seems to be no affect and i cant pass to the next quiz and no grade result.

2. If  ("This is happening because for every quiz, you have set "Allow resume" to "Force". Therefore, before allowing users access to any quiz,")
so i was thought about how you can get the attempt to be grabbed to database?

3. i added another quizport unit and edited to " resume" " no" in the first with out  conditions and i get the same result, No result for Abandoned attempt - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2142

littel bit confusing and very much exhausting.

I hope i'm not bothering you

Thank You

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

Please delete all your attempts and the nstart again from the beginning. That's what I did and it worked OK for me.

Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Hmm, seems to be something strange happening. It could well be a bug in QuizPort. I will have a look at it this weekend. Please leave it with me.

Gordon

by james aco -
Thank you Sir
In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Hello James,
I have modified the way QuizPort deals with the "<=" and "=>" buttons on a Hot Potatoes quiz. I am pretty confident it now works as you would expect.

I would be grateful if you could download the latest version of QuizPort, install it (Site Administration -> Notifications) and then let me know if your QuizPort activity behaves better.

You can download the latest version of QuizPort from here:
thanks
Gordon

by james aco -

Hi Gordon and thank you for your effort.

after downloading and passing to the Site Administration -> Notifications.

i tied to test the quizport activity but it seems that we get some error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/kobi/public_html/elearn/Moodle/mod/quizport/class.php on line 2881"

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2120

i tried to add new quizport but its the same...

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2147

Thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Hmm ... that's a strange error to get.

You are using the same files as my test server:
but as you can see, there is no syntax error using QuizPorts there.

Maybe there was something wrong with the unzipping of the zip file on your server. Could you try removing the entire "mod/quizport" folder on your site, and then unzip the QuizPort zip file again.

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

James,
I have made some further changes to the QuizPort module which affect what you are trying to do with the Hot Potatoes next, "=>", and previous, "<=", buttons.

Please download and install the latest version, when you have a chance:

thanks
Gordon

by james aco -

Hi Gordon
i was sick these days so i could not check the new quizport ver.
now i'm OK and i tested it and it's seems that we have the same result - no record for abandoned attempt.

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2148

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2133

Thank you Sir

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
> no record for abandoned attempt.

Perhaps we could rephrase this:
  • in a JCloze with Hot Potatoes navigation buttons, "<=" or "=>", responses that have been entered into the gaps are not saved, if the "Check" button is not clicked before the user clicks on one of the Hot Potatoes navigation buttons to navigate away from the page
  • note that if the "Check" button was clicked at some point before any of the navigation buttons, then the responses up to that point *are* saved
Does that sound right to you?

I am *very* busy right now with end of term stuff, so I will fix this in August.

all the best
Gordon

by james aco -

Hi Gordon

1. if we i using the moodle navigation and not the hotpot navigation so there is no problem and the abandoned attempt are recorded to data base, and i'm very pleased with.

2. But now i have another problem - the quiz port doesnt open the jcloze hotpot activity And i get message "Could not insert submission form" .

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2186

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2185

with other hotpot activity in the chain they are working fine.

what can cause this problem?

Thank you Sir

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi James,
please check to confirm that you JCloze html file is valid XHTML
If you get any errors, please fix those and try running the quiz again through QuizPort.

If you would like me to investigate, I'm afraid I cannot do so this week, and probably not next week either. However, rest assured, I have written this issue on my list of things to do in August.

In the meantime, I have created an account on your Moodle site.
Please could you make a teacher in the "אנגלית עסקית - Bussines English" course

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
One other thing - it seems you may not have the latest version of QuizPort. Please download and install (Site administration -> Notifications) the latest version of QuizPort and let me know if that improves the behavior of your JCloze.
thanks
Gordon

by james aco -

Hello Gordon

1. i added you as teacher to business english course.

2. for the problem " the quiz port doesnt open the jcloze hotpot activity And i get message "Could not insert submission form"

i reinstall hotpot software and the problem was solved. thank you.

3. as yo suggest i downloaded and installed the new ver of QuizPort module for Moodle 1.0 -1.9 .

this is my report :

*.  if we use quizport and allow "moodle nav bar" so the hint button supply as the same hint to all gaps in the quiz and not the correct hint as well.

if we fill the right word in the gap your score is 0 .  Image problem  / activity link.

*.  if we use quizport an allow "Original navigation aids" so no score recorded for abandoned attempts .   activity link

*.the glossary filter work in quizport just with "moodle nav bar" and does not work when using "Original navigation aids".

if you want to see the acting of the glossary filter you can see the word " score " in the entry page of the two activity that i mentioned above.

*** i tested it in ff , win and chrome browsers.

thank you Sir

In reply to james aco

by james aco -

Hello Gordon

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Hello James,
thank you for making a me a teacher on your course. I am glad the new version of QuizPort is working better for you.

The report of the issues you have experienced is useful too. The issue about returning results is the one we have been discussing.

The issue about "Hints" on JCloze is a new issue. It seems to be caused by asciimath filter on your site. I suggest you set the "Use filters" setting for this QuizPort quiz to "No". This may also fix the problem you reported with glossary that you reported.

Later this week, or perhaps next week, I will be able to look at all the issues you reported. I have just a few more tasks to get through before I am able to do that though.

thank you for your patience
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
James,
I went to have a quick look at your site, to get an idea of my workload for August, and I found some good news:
  • first, as you mentioned, the "submission form" error is fixed
  • second, as a result of your updating to the latest version, QuizPort on your site now saves the results of an attempt at a quiz whose "Navigation" setting is "Original navigation aids" - even if the "Check" button is not clicked. Yay!
  • also, now that you have switched off the "Use filters" setting on your quizzes, the problem caused by the asciimath filter has gone, and the JCloze hint buttons now display correctly
  • finally, I checked the functionality of the glossary, and this seems much improved. I added an extra item, "London", to the glossary and it was correctly linked to within the first quiz, "Quiz (1)" - Lesson_1/HotPot/Exercise/1-1-Jgap1.htm

Please note that the "Use glossary" setting is for each quiz, so this doesn't affect words on the Entry and Exit pages.
There is one slight issue with the glossary terms in quizzes that are already in a popup window, as on your site. The glossary terms are intended to appear in their own popup window, but since your quizzes are already in a popup window, the glossary terms replace the quiz in the popup window. This effectively ends the quiz attempt, and is probably not the expected or required behavior. In August, I will look at ways to fix this. For now, you can either set your QuizPorts not appear in a popup window, or you can disable the "Use glossary" setting on your QuizPort quizzes.

For the most part though, all the issues you reported seem to be fixed.

regards
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
James,
sorry, what I said about the glossary issue was not correct.

The problem is glossary entries not opening in a new window is *not* caused by the fact that the quiz is already in a popup. It is a result of the fact that when a quiz uses "original navigation aids", the javascript to open the glossary entry in a new popup is not included.

I know how to fix this, and will do so in August.
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
James,
I made a quick fix for this. Please could you download and install the latest version fo QuizPort (see download link earlier in this thread).

thanks
Gordon