Can't find/define default language

Can't find/define default language

by Nuno Barbosa -
Number of replies: 6
Hello everyone.

I'm having problems defining the default language in Moodle 1.9.9.

I'm trying to set the pt_utf8 as default language but, after upgrade from version 1.9.5, I get this error:
- Valor actual inválido: pt_utf8 ( translated Invalid current value: pt_utf8)
on the administration menu (Language -> Language Settings -> Default language).

I've tryed re-download of the language pack via interface and manual installation. Neither worked. The packages are there.

The thing more curious is that the admin account is in Portuguese but if I try to change the language, I can only change to English and I can't return to Portuguese. Also I have the French package installed and I have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Nuno
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuno Barbosa

Re: Can't find/define default language

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I just installed Portugal language pack via Moodle interface and set it as a default language without problems... Please try to turn debugging mode on a let me know if any error message appears. Maybe it could be some filesystem permissions problem.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Emanuel Delgado -

Hello,

I work at ed-rom who is the portuguese Moodle partner and we are now also managing moodle's portuguese translation and we would like to help you solve your problems.

Have you recently made a new download to verify if the problem persists? We have been doing instalations very often without any problems beeing reported. Maybe it is some kind of problem with your Moodle instalation (since the problem occurs with other packages too...). In that case, I suggest to make a local moodle instalation and try the packages to see if the problem persists.

ed

In reply to David Mudrák

by Paulo Correia -

Thanks for your response...

Just turn the debug mode on, and nothing happened... is the a log file that i have to look for?

I've had other problems with filesystem permissions - do you have a sugestion for any file in particular?

Thanks again...

Paulo Correia

In reply to Paulo Correia

by Emanuel Delgado -

I don't think the problem is related to permissions but you never know... Try to set 777 permission to file inside moodledata/lang/pt_utf8/ to see what happens.

Before the upgrade there were no problems?

ed

In reply to Emanuel Delgado

by Paulo Correia -

Thanks... Emanuel...

Nothing happend...

No there was no problem before upgrade...

I think we can live with that...

Thaks any way...