XML Banner Rotator & SlideShow

XML Banner Rotator & SlideShow

by John Bracegirdle -
Number of replies: 4
I'm trying to create a Banner Rotator for my Moodle frontpage. I've found FREE XML Banner Rotator & SlideShow it looks great. I've got it to work on a webserver on my laptop, but I can't get it to work on my Moodle I just get a blank box after a brief loading swirl. I've got normal SWFs to work but this one links to xml files, images, and a CSS file.

I found similar problems on the forums (here and here) but no answers were found, probably due not being able to share code. This banner is free to download (but not re-distribute).

Thanks in advance,

John Bracegirdle.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Bracegirdle

Re: XML Banner Rotator & SlideShow

by E. L. Cooper -
Are you putting it in your theme or in a block?
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by John Bracegirdle -

Thanks for your reply, in the end I created my own flash file that did not link to XML files. I used the Flash template for a slide show as my starting point.

It's in the topic of our frontpage it can be seen here: http://vle.st-benedicts.cumbria.sch.uk/

Any feedback will be welcomed,

Thanks

In reply to John Bracegirdle

by Mike Turpin -

Hi John,

I would like to do exactly the same thing but I am not sure how you go about uploading or linking to a source SWF file? Yours looks really good and simple so I would be very grateful if you could give me a starting point....

I assume you do it via the HTML editor....?

Thanks in advance

In reply to Mike Turpin

by John Bracegirdle -

Sorry for the delay in replying - I hadn't subscribed to this topic. I am now. I've been trying to attach the SWF file but I can't get it t upload.

I was wondering if someone can give me some hints. I tried adding it as an attachment but the upload was giving me this error. Then I found that even though it didn't upload properly it was on the upload box under recent files, so I managed to get it into private files. Then I tried to attach it again from my private files but it says the file is too big. It's only 283KB - is that really too big?

Thanks.

John