AMOS questions

AMOS questions

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

Ralf Krause and me discussed just some issues related to handling of AMOS.

• After updating language files in 2.0 only english help files are used even if in AMOS a old translation is avaialble.
  • If new strings in AMOS are committed by us as official language translators when are they available for checking in a system via update of language pack? Or should we upload them manually now?
  • If two translators are working in AMOS at the same time they can't see the stages from the other translator. Is this correct?
  • "Once the collaborating tool is ready, language pack maintainers will be able to review work from contributors before adding it to their language pack." (from 'http://docs.moodle.org/en/Translation_2.0#Using_the_AMOS_translation_tool') Is this just implemented?
  • Length of help strings. Is there a suggestion for max. length of help files?
  • Headline for help strings. Where does the bold headline of a help string come from?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: AMOS questions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ralf,

I'm going to let Koen or David answer your first four questions, though I can help with the last two:

• Length of help strings. Is there a suggestion for max. length of help files? - Two small paragraphs maximum (150 words).
  • Headline for help strings. Where does the bold headline of a help string come from? - The bold headline / title is the setting string. Please see Development:Help strings for an example.