Assessment Grade Not Average

Assessment Grade Not Average

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 3

The assessment grade is not a simple average and I can't figure out why. Please help.

Attachment Assessment_Grade_not_Average.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: Assessment Grade Not Average

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Vernellia

In your workshop setting, you have apparently set "Number of Assessments of Student Submissions" to 5. Workshop 1.9 uses this number when calculating the final grade for assessments, not the real number of assessments. The missing assessments are considered as having the assessment grade 0.

So, in case of the first row, the final assessment grade is calculated as (40+50+27+40)/5

In Workshop 2.0, this grade is correctly calculated as weighted mean from real grades only.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Vernellia Randall -

Thanks David, but I actually have the number of assessments set at 4 plus assessment of the sample.  Students have been assigned three assessments plus the assessment for the sample is included in their assessment scores.

Should they be assigned 4 assessments plus the sample assessment which equal 5? If so, then I have another problem -- why aren't they only assigned three problems to assess? Thanks alot.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Vernellia Randall -
David, the problem is that moodle is not appropriately assigning the number of assessment assigned. It seems to counting the example of assessment as one of the assigned assessment when assigning the assessments but than add it on as an additional assessment when averaging the grade.
Attachment workshop_Problem.jpg