using journals/ auto moodle format for viewing workshop submissions

using journals/ auto moodle format for viewing workshop submissions

by Dennis Daniels -
Number of replies: 2
I'm really struggling with the workshop upload methods... I don't want students swapping word viruses... I have them upload all materials in txt files but opening text in a browser is hard to read...

It would be ideal if a journal entry could be used as the workshop input interface to eliminate as an OPTION to the upload.  The workshops are a great idea but the level of complexity and variables makes it difficult to implement for my less sophisticated students...

dgd
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis Daniels

Re: using journals/ auto moodle format for viewing workshop submissions

by Gustav W Delius -

Hi Dennis,

the new version of the workshop module for Moodle 1.5 allows students to submit work via the HTML editor. This will probably meet your needs. However I like your suggestion of allowing students to prepare their submissions in a journal first and then to simply transfer them to the workshop. This could be an option for the teacher to associate the workshop to a journal and when the student opens the workshop the corresponding journal entry would be opened in the workshop submission editor automatically.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: using journals/ auto moodle format for viewing workshop submissions

by Dennis Daniels -
The HTML editor is a good start! smile

Combine that with meaningful emoticons and it'll be a real tool for providing substantive feedback... but anything to get students out of proprietrary (buggy) and costly, non-OS, formats is a big step IMHO.

thanks again for the tips Gustav!
smile

Dennis