"Meta-groups" in ADS: Member of a group in ADS shall be another groups, not masses of students.

"Meta-groups" in ADS: Member of a group in ADS shall be another groups, not masses of students.

by Stefan Bäumer -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I use LDAP-enrolement.

My Active Directory contains groups. Students are members in that groups. Every student can now log into moodle and is member of the same group in moodle. That's fine.

In ADS I can make a group member of a group. That is useful for modeling our school in moodle.

However that does not take effect on Moodle. Moodle is ignoring that group-in-group-relationship. Only directly listed students are regarded.

Does anybody know, if there is a way to make this work...

Stefan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Bäumer

Re: "Meta-groups" in ADS: Member of a group in ADS shall be another groups, not masses of students.

by Doug Winther -

Stefan-

What you are asking about is referred to as "nested groups."  You will want to read the following posting by Iñaki Arenaza:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=100172

Iñaki has written a revised version of the ldap enrollment module that you will want to take a look at.

Good luck,

Doug

In reply to Doug Winther

Re: "Meta-groups" in ADS: Member of a group in ADS shall be another groups, not masses of students.

by Stefan Bäumer -
Oh, thank you!