General feedback won't display

General feedback won't display

by Joan Cichon -
Number of replies: 4
(Using Moodle 1.9.3+)  I have inserted General Feedback for 100 essay questions, BUT only couldn't get it to display.  After trouble shooting, I notice that Feedback will display, but not general Feedback.  How can I correct this without having to edit each question to move the feedback from one box to the other?   Help - these quizzes go live today!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joan Cichon

Re: General feedback won't display

by Peter Seaman -
Hi Joan: Did you try logging in as a student and taking the quiz? I think I did that once and discovered the general feedback would in fact display to the students, even though it doesn't show up in the quiz preview. I understand this problem is on the list to be fixed in Moodle 2.0.

(I hope someone else can confirm this info. Just thought I'd reply quickly with something you can try.)

Peter
In reply to Peter Seaman

by Joan Cichon -

Hi Peter,

I did log in as a student - that is how I discovered that the feedback (response to specific choice) displays but not the General Feedback.  In my panic, I'm just copying all the general feedback into the feedback area. 

Thanks
Joan

In reply to Joan Cichon

by Laura Mikowychok -
Great timing, Joan! A teacher just wrote to me about this. Thanks for confirming the issue.

Lo and behold, the feedback works, but the general feedback does not for the essay question type. That's contrary to what the help docs suggest, which is that general feedback will appear no matter what.

Submitting a bug tracker ticket.

Thanks!
LM