Uninstall Question Types

Uninstall Question Types

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

We are having a problem with the ddmatch question type and wish to uninstall and re-install again. I have removed the question_ddmatch, question_ddmatch_sub tables but the question type won't reinstall.

Could anyone point me in the correct directions?

Thanks

Ali

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: Uninstall Question Types

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You also need to find where Moodle has stored the currently installed version number. I think that will be in the mdl_config table, in the row where name is 'qtype_ddmatch_version'. Delete that row.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ali Hastie -

Thanks Tim, ddatch reinstalled after removing the qtype_ddmatch_version row.

But when I create a new drag n drop question the end result is the exact same as the matching question. The ddmatch question has the drop down menus rather the drag elements. Strange!

Think I will start again and remove the Q type and download the latest version and re-install again.

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Check the Ajax setting in your user profile. I think it needs to be set to 'Yes, use advanced web features'.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Adriane Boyd -
I was just looking at the javascript-related browser checks for this question type a couple days ago and they don't depend on the user AJAX setting. It uses the same browser version checks as in ajaxlib.php, but since the question type doesn't use AJAX, just some UI parts of YUI, I decided against using the AJAX setting to determine which version of the question gets displayed. It does check the user screenreader setting, however.

Maybe something else is going wrong with javascript in the browser or with custom theme/site CSS as in http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=145912 ? (I think that particular problem would only happen with imagetarget, but I haven't looked for related problems in ddmatch.)
In reply to Adriane Boyd

by Ali Hastie -

Hi

You are correct Adriana, the ddmatch type does check the user screen reader setting. If the screen reader is set to yes then the drag n drop is changed to drop down menus.

Though, the target question type works accordingly with the screen reader set to yes.

I am not sure what I should do about this as it would be inappropriate to completely remove the user's screen reader from their profile.

Thanks,

Ali

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Alex Smith -

Good afternoon Ali.

I installed the dragdrop question type and after a bit of trouble I now have it working in my Moodle.

Try this thread as it seems to cover the issues I had with installing the activity:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=101341#p631288

Install Eugene's updated version if you don't use that one already.

Good luck.

Alex

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Adriane Boyd -
I'm curious about why your students have the screenreader setting set to yes if they should see a visual drag-and-drop question in a quiz. (The idea behind the check is that students using screenreaders get something that looks exactly like the original matching question while students who can work with the visual drag-and-drop interface see something spiffier. Both versions are totally equivalent to the original matching question grading-wise.)

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with much in moodle outside of the quiz. Is there another module where screenreader=yes does something useful/interesting for users who are not visually impaired? Is it not possible to ask the users to change this setting if they don't use a screenreader and want to see the drag-and-drop version?

With the imagetarget question there are two problems with the screenreader check:

1) there is a bug in the screenreader check, so it currently doesn't check anything (as you noticed), and

2) when looking into it the other day, I realized that it doesn't make sense to give screenreader users imagetarget questions at all (the check is only there because I copied it over from ddmatch), so I'd be in favor of removing the check rather than fixing it.

I think you'd have to adapt a quiz for screenreader users and replace the imagetarget questions with another accessible equivalent. The non-javascript version of imagetarget is intended for browsers without javascript, not screenreaders.