Grade letters in Course total only.

Grade letters in Course total only.

by Chris Delaney -
Number of replies: 8
Hi,

I've had a bit of a search, but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. Apologies - I probably didn't look hard enough.

I would like my Grade letters to only be displayed in the Course Total of my gradebook rather than every item in my gradebook.

Any suggestions how I might do that?

Cheers
In reply to Chris Delaney

Re: Grade letters in Course total only.

by Itamar Tzadok -
Have you tried setting the grade display type of the 'course total' (as opposed to 'course settings' which affects all items in the gradebook) to letter? smile
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Chris Delaney -
That sounds like what I need to do..... but where do I do that? I can't seem to find an edit button for course total. Thanks

by Itamar Tzadok -
Gradebook | Choose an action | Categories and items ... smile
Attachment grade-coursetotal.png

by Chris Delaney -
Thanks Itamar,

Much appreciated. Not sure what gradebook version (1.9.7) you are running. Mine looks a little different.

At the top of the Categories and Items Page there is a course grades section, under the heading 'Actions' you can find the 'edit' button.

Thanks again.

by Rik Hall -
Chris

I am the Moodle support here at STU and have been trying to help a prof with the same problem. I just found the solution:

Categories and Items / Simple view /

Top right on the line that starts with "09S2 ENGL 3373 Romantic Period II" "Simple Weighted mean of Grades" there is a little pencil

Click on the pencil

Change the "Grade display type*" to "Letter (real)"

Hit "Save changes"

That might do it for you.

Rik

by Doris Johnson -
Some of the faculty would like to show a letter grade in the course total only. I was reading your reply to the letter grade in the course total. I am using moodle 1.9.5 and I don't see an edit button in my course total. Is there a setting I need to change in order to see this icon? Thanks for your help.
In reply to Doris Johnson

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Doris,
Go to Categories and Items, and look at the top (not bottom) of your gradable items list. Edit icon for Course Total is located there.
Here is a screenshot

Attachment 01Scr_May._12_12.13.jpg