Chosen Students Create Activities in Limited Courses

Chosen Students Create Activities in Limited Courses

by leanne gwilliam -
Number of replies: 4
Hi

I want to set up a course where a few students can create their own activities

I am happy to create a new role such as "Super Students" but can i then allow these "Super Students" to create courses in one Category or Specified Course?

I wouldnt want these Super Students to be able to add activities to Teacher's courses etc

Is this possible?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to leanne gwilliam

Re: Chosen Students Create Activities in Limited Courses

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
(Actually, this forum is more for social chat rather than technical issues but as we're here - I'll have a go at answeringsmile) Just make a course for them (don't let them create courses themselves - no need) and put them on as teachers -they don't need any special role creating. I do that quite often at our school so students have their own space to be creative. There's no way they can ever get into any of the teachers' courses. Once they have an empty course they can edit it as they wish.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by leanne gwilliam -
Thanks Mary - (sorry got a bit overwhelmed with all the content and plumped for the Lounge - i 'll remember for next time) clown

SO, i can create a course and use the override permissions for students to become teachers in that course

Is the best way to do this:
Create a course
Edit Course
Assign Roles
Choose Teacher
Select from list of 'Potential Users'
And 'Assign'

THANK YOU!

by leanne gwilliam -
AND I assume if i want to convert ALL students to become Teachers within a course i can use the "Overider Permissions"

Thanks

BTW - is there a way of moving my post to a more suitable location

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Leanne,

To give all students teacher rights in a course, you can simply assign them all the role of teacher. However, please remember to consider the risks involved in doing so - see Risks.

I'm just going to move this this discussion from the Lounge to the Roles and Capabilities forum in Using Moodle....