Help - Gradebook Crashed?

Help - Gradebook Crashed?

by Nathan Warner -
Number of replies: 2

Background:  I am administrator for a course with 25 students that presented 4 weeks of content.  I set it up using the topic format, and used 7 units as there also some additional resources beyond the weekly content.  All users were enrolled with infinite access as of 12/14/09.

This course is just finishing up (we took a break for the holidays), and this morning I logged in to find the gradebook entirely empty!  All of the students and their grades had vanished, and instead the administrators now populated the gradebook as users.

I checked the course enrollment (assign roles), and all 25 students were still enrolled in the course.  The instructor is also still enrolled.

I logged in as one of the students, and the student is still able to see all of their own grades (Phew!).  So the grades are in there somewhere, I just can't seem to figure out why they are no longer visible from the instructor view.

Has anybody ever experienced this?  Is there a simple setting somewhere that might have accidentally got changed?

In reply to Nathan Warner

Re: Help - Gradebook Crashed?

by Nathan Warner -
Fixed it.  Looks like someone changed the site-level setting for grade book roles from "Student" to "Administrator".
In reply to Nathan Warner

Re: Help - Gradebook Crashed?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I am glad you got it fixed and even gladder you posted back so others can learn from itsmile