Workshop Grades Not Posting to Gradebook

Workshop Grades Not Posting to Gradebook

by Chris Tusa -
Number of replies: 8
Can somebody help? The grades for the workshop are displaying in the workshop area, but for some reason they are NOT posting to the gradebook. Any advice?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Tusa

Re: Workshop Grades Not Posting to Gradebook

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

this is known issue and was fixed quite recently. See MDL-13049 for details. Basically, you have to upgrade to the most recent 1.9.x Moodle version and then use "Synchronize legacy grades" button in gradebook.

Note that I honestly discourage everyone from using Workshop in Moodle 1.9 though...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Chris Tusa -
Thanks, but I upgraded to 1.96, and there doesn't seem to be a Syncronize Legacy button anymore ???
In reply to Chris Tusa

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Chris,

once you have some Workshop instance in a course, you will find the button in the course Gradebook at the Edit categories and items page.

David
In reply to Chris Tusa

by David Mudrák -

Yes Chris, it is the screen you sent me via email (please use this forum for replies, not direct emails so others may profit from the discussion, too). I am attaching a screenshot of my test site with the button highlighted.

Attachment workshop-sync-legacy.png
In reply to Chris Tusa

by Chris Tusa -
Thanks but that button is missing on my end (see attachment). Any idea why it would be missing?
Attachment moodle.gif
In reply to David Mudrák

by Chris Tusa -
I'm using 1.97, and the fix didn't work. Any ideas?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Chris Tusa -

Hi David,

Thanks for all your help. I ugpraded to the most recent version of Moodle today,  navigated to the Syncronize Legacy link, and clicked it, but still nothing. Any other ideas as to how I might get the workshop grades to post to the gradebook?

Chris

In reply to Chris Tusa

by David Mudrák -
Weird. I just tested at my notebook and it works as expected. Please tell me:

1. has the assessment phase of the workshop started (it does not push grades otherwise)
2. what grading strategy do you use?
3. what number of students assessments have you set?

p.s. I hope you know we officially discourage everybody from using Workshop in Moodle 1.9 for many known problems with it.