Workshop No Longer Avaialbe in New Version of Moodle?

Workshop No Longer Avaialbe in New Version of Moodle?

by Chris Tusa -
Number of replies: 5
Has the Workshop Module Been discontinued? I don't see it in my new version of Moodle.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Tusa

Re: Workshop No Longer Avaialbe in New Version of Moodle?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I haven't got the latest version of Moode; only 1.9.5 so I can't say for certain- have you looked in site admin>modules>manage activities to see if it is there but it has its eye closed?
In reply to Chris Tusa

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

workshop in 1.9 is disabled by default as it is highly recommended not to use it in this version because of the high number of known issues. Workshop has been rewritten for Moodle 2.0
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Tim Allen -

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to backport the 2.0 version into version 1.9?

In reply to Tim Allen

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I would say almost definitely not without a huge amount of work. Workshop 2.0 uses a lot of new APIs and technologies available in Moodle 2.0 core only. Sorry.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Tim Allen -

Not a problem, thanks for the reply and all your work on the module.  I will try the 1.9 version and see how it goes.  smile