Other (out of order)?

Other (out of order)?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 5
When adding a link with the html editor, one is given a choice of types of link. What does the type called "Other (out of order)" mean?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Other (out of order)?

by Janne Mikkonen -
Exactly what it says wink .

The basic values of target attribute are _blank _self and _top which can be used. If you wish to use something else (why???) you can choose other, and give the proper value for it. But when you try to edit such value, the link popup can't read that value. It doesn't work right, it never has, so thats why there is a phrase "out of order" because it really is.

Hopefully someday it's back in order...

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by N Hansen -
Ahhh...by "out of order" I had thought it meant there was some strange order in which things would be displayed. I didn't realize it meant "not working." If it doesn't work, why isn't it just removed?
In reply to N Hansen

by Janne Mikkonen -
I had this crazy dream that I could find some extra time someday to fix it wink
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Alex Parsy -
This thread is so old, I don't even know if any response will come of it....

but any ways I just had the same question while working on a Moodle 1.9.1.x version.

Now I know what "out of order" means.

I had this idea that maybe in the future this can facilitate poping the content into a modal window as one of the options. Currently you can pop the content into "_top", "_self", etc. How about pop into a modal like window.

A modal window is implemented as a DHTML with high z-index that lays over all other layers, disables everything underneath it and the user has to close it or take some action to make it go away to access the links and contents below it.

for what its worth!

In reply to Alex Parsy

by Walter Rauschenberger -

I also misinterpreted this option - though it now appears clear to me what it says. However, I hoped that it will help to overcome the problem that each link will open in a new window - cause in an assessment the same window option would not be appropriate. As a result, the user needs to close each and ervery opened link manually. This could easlily be avoided by giving the winsdow a certtain name and use this name for all links which should open in that window.

A great idea I think but if it doesn't work ...