image sizing

image sizing

by Russell Wyeth -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

Just wondering if any consideration has been given to automatic thumbnailing of large attached images in forum posts? I have students uploading images taken while observing animal behaviour. I would like them to be able to post full resolution images (for a number of reasons), but moodle embeds them in the post a full resolution. That makes browsing the forum (and rating posts) difficult since some posts are miles wide and long. If images could be automatically thumbnailed to some reasonable size (600 pixels wide?, better yet, a selectable parameter for the forum) and then be hyperlinked to the full image, that would be ideal.

Cheers,
Russell
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Wyeth

Re: image sizing

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you set up a database activity using the built in Image Gallery preset, students can upload photos and have them automatically resized into thumbnail, larger size and full size version. You can also allow comments and ratings and grades on the activity too...

Maybe this would be the better tool for the job?
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: image sizing

by Russell Wyeth -

Thanks for the tip. I've found the database module to be very flaky - any edits of fields cause the formatting to go completely haywire. But I'll explore some more.

R