Mac Mini server usable ?

Mac Mini server usable ?

by kenny Poulsen -
Number of replies: 3
Just wondering if its possible to run moodle, eventually with Mahara, on the new mac mini server running snowleopard server ?

Any experiences ?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to kenny Poulsen

Re: Mac Mini server usable ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I's sure you can. I run multiple Moodles on my laptop for development purposes.

The question is, how many users will the system have. If you have too many, then everything will start to slow down, but at that point you can move to a more powerful server.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by kenny Poulsen -
Thanks, Tim
Regarding users, maybe up to 20 concurrent users

Well, i actually run Moodle on my mbp with MAMP for testing out Moodle, but i have only very basic understanding of the system so far.

I have tried to install Moodle in a webhotel, but i got problem with the safe mode off, thats why im considering the macmini server.
In reply to kenny Poulsen

by Ralf Krause -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
How much RAM do you have in your Mac mini? Which processor is working for you? I think it is a very nice machine with a very fast ethernet connection, low noice production and minimal energie use.

Ralf