Enrollment needed for only one activity?

Enrollment needed for only one activity?

by Bill Mounce -
Number of replies: 3
Most of my course is open to the public, but I am going to be posting audio lectures that students need to pay for in order to hear.

Is there an enrollment plugin (I prefer to use PayPal) that allows this? Thanks for your help.

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Mounce

Re: Enrollment needed for only one activity?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Bill,

How about creating a course for each audio lecture with no blocks or sections at all, just the audio lecture embedded in section 0. You can then make use of the paypal enrolment plugin.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Bill Mounce -
Thanks for the suggestion.. What you are telling me is that the enrollment plugins are for the course as a whole and not parts of the class.

There is so much I want to give away to students for each chapter, but I need the revenue from my lectures.

Has the community shown any interest in this feature? If not, any suggestion as to a programmer who would do it for pay -- I haven't had much luck with the Moodle.com people.

Bill
In reply to Bill Mounce

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Please see Development:New feature ideas for what to do if you have ideas for new features or improvements you'd like included in Moodle. As mentioned in the article, if you're able to provide funding for your idea to be implemented, you can always contact a Moodle Partner specializing in custom development - see http://moodle.com/custom for a list.