excluding individual grades?

excluding individual grades?

by Matt Ladwig -
Number of replies: 2
We currently use Sum of Grades for all teachers' gradebooks. This works very well, except for excluding individual grades (such as for a special ed or transfer student). Hopefully someone will be able to fix that issue soon. smile

We have tested Simple Weighted Mean of grades, but this seems to require teachers to update the Maximum Grade in the category every time they add or change an assignment.

I would love for there to be a simple gradebook, that allows for teachers to exclude single student grades, but adds up automatically. I am just trying to set up the gradebooks so it is simple as possible for our teachers.
In reply to Matt Ladwig

Re: excluding individual grades?

by Basil Gohar -
Matt,

I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm trying to write a small modification for our clients to do something like what you are asking. I've posted here, so you might see if I get an answer.

If my solution ends-up working, maybe I can share what I ended-up doing here and you can see if it works for you.
In reply to Matt Ladwig

Re: excluding individual grades?

by Tiffany Morgan -
Hi Matt
I think we had the same problem you are describing here. I actually put in an issue in the tracker
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-20477

You might take a look and see if what I described is what you are looking for as well.
But if you come up with solutions *please* share here! Will be much appreciated!
Tiff