Quizzes time limits

Quizzes time limits

by Jose Munoz -
Number of replies: 5
There is a problem with the new moodle 1.4.1.
I am able to set up a time limit for quizzes, but in one case (Mysql, apache 1) the range of options goes  from 0 to 5 minutes. In other case (Postgresql, apache 2) the range is different, from 0 to 120 minutes. And in my last installation (Mysql and apache2) i got another range!! from 0 to 20 mins.
What is wrong?. Can anybody explain me how to set up a range of my own?. Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Munoz

Re: Quizzes time limits

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It depends on what you have set for the session time on your server.

admin >> configuration >> variables

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Piotr B -
Hi,

i am using moodle 1.4 and my quiz max time limit is 50 min. How can i change it? Is the only possibility, to change the server settings? I was looking for the solution but nowhere can find the right (easy ;) answer.

Regards
Piotr
In reply to Piotr B

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators
Your time is limited to 50 minutes probably because the "sessiontimeout" parameter in the site Administration -> Configuration -> Variables setting is also 50.

Increase this setting and you will be able to set a longer time limit in your quiz.

Regards.

Orestes.

In reply to Jose Munoz

by Jose Munoz -
Thanks for the tip. It works perfect now.
Suggestion: Include an explanation about this in the help window.