grades are not emailed to the student

grades are not emailed to the student

by Martin Koops -
Number of replies: 12

After grading an offline assignement, i expected Moodle to send a message and the grade to the student.

Somehow I have missed a parameter after the last update; now I have to place a message in the news-forums to inform the stduents about the newly available grades.

What am I missing??

Thanks in advance,

Martijn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Koops

Re: grades are not emailed to the student

by Gaetano Bartolone -

I have the same problem....

I dont know about you but the cron job does not work for this module correctly

I am busy rewriting the module for myself ..... with extra's like memo upload area for the students to view (with critea that they may only be able to view  the memo after the assignment hand in date etc...). Individual updating per students mark's/feedback etc. Also a log tracker to view all the files that have been replaced by the teachers or students ( resubmitting ) with access to the old replaced files ( specially created for those students who claim to have uploaded a damaged file etc...) . Oh ya aswell as a automated emialing function that will email the student as soon as you've finished updating there mark's or feedback.( not relying on the cron job , but if this is nessacery i will code it in ).

I should be finished within a month or so ( very busy at work sad  cant spend all my time on it . ----You never know might have it finished this week ----)

If you would like i will post a copy to the forum...

In reply to Martin Koops

Svar: grades are not emailed to the student

by Joar Herseth -
Same problem here. All other e-mailing works.
In reply to Joar Herseth

Re: Svar: grades are not emailed to the student

by Ivo Gijsberts -
Also the same problem! Don't know if it is a 'Moodle' problem or a 'settings' problem.
In reply to Ivo Gijsberts

by Martin Koops -

I am afraid it is a moodle problem. Strange enough it used to work before, so i would call it a bug in oner of the later moodle versions.

In reply to Martin Koops

by Ivo Gijsberts -
So, if it is a bug, does Martin know about it? And, much more important, when will it be fixed!
In reply to Ivo Gijsberts

by Darren Smith -

I don't really want to do a me too but:

me too sad

Has there been a fix since the last post? I came to rely upon this feature.

TIA

Darren

In reply to Darren Smith

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Fixed in 1.4.2 ... later this week definitely.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Darren Smith -

Thank you very much - for this and everything moodle approve

Darren

by Martin Koops -
Wonderfull! What a brilliant product this moodle is!
You are the greatest

by Lauran de Bever -

Martin,

Grades will be automatically sent to students.

Is it possible, to sent an email to students, when the are to late to sent in their assignment, as a reminder, that they need to sent it in within some time.

Lauran

In reply to Martin Koops

Re: grades are not emailed to the student

by Thomas Haynes -
Greetings...

After an update to 1.4.2, I would like to disable this feature. I like the emails for forums and journal feedback, but since I am using the gradebook for everything, daily grades, etc. go in moodle. Students check the gradebook to get scores for HW and CW. The email just fills up boxes, and I am getting complaints.

Were it not for the gradebook feature and the one-stop shopping quality of the current Moodle usage, the emails for assignments would be nice.

How can I disable the email for graded assignments?

Regards...   Tom