Teacher uploads feedback and HTML editor

Teacher uploads feedback and HTML editor

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Are there any plans to enable a teacher to provide feedback by uploading a file as well as the text box entry?

Not all feedback needs to be visual and this would also help students that can't read! Also, it would solve the language teacher recently brought up concerning making corrections to a document - the original document would remain and the teacher could upload the corrections as another document.

Are there any plans to provide the HTML editor to teachers assessing work (even just as an option). I like the simplicity of the current entry box but my spelling / typo rate is embarrassing and I am aware (hope) that parents may be reading my comments and it also undermines any comments I may have regarding presentation! Also, it would be useful for me to include images / diagrams for illustration.

Note to self: get stuck into php so you can give a little back to the community wink

Darren

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Teacher uploads feedback and HTML editor

by N Hansen -
Uploading is an option with the "new assignment" module but I think it replaces the original file.

I think workshop may now have the html editor as an option? Ray Kingdon was working on this, but I'm still not upgraded to the latest version to be able to see whether this is working or not.

I need to be able to do inline comments, and more importantly regarding the html editor, I need to use different fonts. The text box doesn't cut it for me.

This is a very much needed feature for a lot of teachers, doesn't seem to gain enough momentum every time it gets brought up for it to be implemented though yet. I guess we need to bang our pots and pans a little louder.
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Teacher uploads feedback and HTML editor

by Darren Smith -

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* wink

I am keen to look at the new assignment and found the zip in this forum. As you suggest it does seem to overwrite the existing assignment module so my main question is does it work in 1.4.2 ????? thoughtful

Also, I love the workshop module and hope that and the assignment module converge to produce 1 assessment module but the workshop can take some understanding so I hope the simplicity of the assignment module for doing simple assessment tasks aint lost.

Surely it must be very easy for someone out there to hack the current assignment module (or new assignment if it doesn't already) to include the HTML editor and it's features? My spelling really is that bad!

Darren