Video Not Playing

Video Not Playing

by jim alvarez -
Number of replies: 3

I created a lesson in Adobe Captivate 4. It is saved as a .swf file. In this lesson there is one slide that contains a video. The video plays correctly when you open the file outside of moodle in Internet explorer but inside moodle when you open the lesson the video doesn't show up.

Does anyone know why?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jim alvarez

Re: Video Not Playing

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,

This is not my strong suit but I am playing around with .swf files in lessons at the moment. I am could be a little confused because you are presenting a "lesson" in a swf file and want to insert it into a" lesson" activity page in Moodle. Too many "lessons" smile

First did you read MoodleDocs on Flash? If you have not done so, I recommend reading the whole page, paying close attention to the section on inserting flash into a lesson page.

Next, In your site, are the multimedia Filters turned on? I think the default install is to hide (not on) them.

I am going to assume that when you tell your favorite browser to open the swf file directly, it works. What happens when you put the swf link into a Moodle HTML resource page, can you get it to play? If not, probably the filter is not on.

I am going to assume that when you go to the Moodle Lesson Activity page which contains the link to the swf file, nothing happens. HTML resource page is more like an HTML web page than a Moodle Lesson page. There is a "helpful" feature in a lesson page that will erase any html header information when you use the HTML source toggle to edit it.

Hope this helps. Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by jim alvarez -

I don't think I explained my issues very well, let me try again.

I have a lesson I created in Adobe captivate 4. It was saved as a .swf file and uploaded it to moodle. The lesson plays and works just as expected inside moodle except for two video clips that are part of two different slides. The clips are actors that make a comment about the content. Everything on the two slides show up except for these two actors. If you play the .swf file outside of moodle in internet explorer the two slides play correctly with the two actors.

When you play the .swf file outside moodle it has access to the .html file that adobe capitates created at the same time. Inside moodle it does not. Could that have something to do with it?

I want to have it work inside moodle because of the quiz in the lesson and the grade showing up in the grade book. If I play the lesson as an external link then the grade will not link to the grade book, correct?

In reply to jim alvarez

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Jim,
I'm afraid there is no link between the "lesson" you created in Adobe captivate and the "Moodle Lesson module" itself. I suggest you re-post your question to the General Problems forum where hopefully someone will answer it.approve
Joseph
Average of ratings: Useful (1)