Range display in 1.95

Range display in 1.95

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 3
In the 1.95 gradebook, I cannot get the Course Total range to reflect all the items in the gradebook automatically. In my test instance, I imported a course with graded activities and the range reflects the correct points possible in the range. When I manually add grade items or add graded activities, the range does not reflect the new item. Is this a bug or is there a setting that I'm missing? Thanks for any leads.

Hitting refresh on the browser does not update the range.
Manually updating the Max Grade every time an item is added seems cumbersome.
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Range display in 1.95

by Elena Ivanova -
Just wondering, what is the aggregation method used?
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Mary Beth McKee -
I was using simple weighted mean of grades, but I found when switching to any aggregate type, the range remained unchanged. I'm just testing out 1.95 before we go live with it later this month.

In this case, I had imported an existing course from 1.92+ into 1.95, so there were already graded activities in the course. Any new activities or manually graded items totals were not reflected in the grade range, but I found if I entered a grade in the new item, then the range would adjust and recognize the new total possible. Thanks
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

by Elena Ivanova -
Oh, I see. I believe it's a feature: Max grade for Course Total with Simple Weighted and Weighted methods always stays at a pre-set number (with default = 100) and needs to be adjusted manually.
Sum should work OK though for updating the total automatically, it had been fixed here: MDL-18772
What you can do, is quickly switch to Sum and then back to SWM - this will update the Max grade to whatever SUM would have. At least you would not need to calculate your new Max grade every time.

"if I entered a grade in the new item, then the range would adjust and recognize the new total possible"
I was not able to replicate this. mixed For me Max grade always stay at pre-set number, if I use SWM and WM.