Adding New Users Manually ( as admin)

Adding New Users Manually ( as admin)

Napisane przez: John Curran ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 6
Moodle does not appear to send a welcome e-mail to new users when you use the 'Add New User' option as an administrator. This seems crazy behaviour as I have to copy the allocated username and password into another e-mail for each user I add.

Is there anyway I can enable this functionality or am I missing something in the way I'm managing users?

W odpowiedzi na John Curran

Re: Adding New Users Manually ( as admin)

Napisane przez: Colin Matheson ()
You are having the same issue as http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=117005
I have searched and can't find an answer. I will submit a feature request and see if anyone can think of how to create this feature.
You can create an account with tracker, login, and vote for the feature
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-19390

W odpowiedzi na Colin Matheson

Napisane przez: John Curran ()
Colin,

Thanks for your response. Can't believe this functionality is not included - appears to be in every other LMS that I currently use (but then Moodle is so weird in many ways... puszcza oczko ).

I have voted on the new feature using the Tracker...

John

W odpowiedzi na John Curran

I have found that if you create users by csv file upload it will send them a welcome email with password.

Napisane przez: Salvador Rocha ()
Hi I've just read your post and can't find any option to make Moodle send a welcome email even with upload file option, by the way thats exactly what i need to do, please tell me how you acomplish thesse.

Thanks
W odpowiedzi na Salvador Rocha

Napisane przez: Chris Collman ()
Obraz Documentation writers
Hi,
Tests sometime are a good thing. Did you try to bulk upload one user in a csv file, making sure that emails were enabled for the batch? I think there is a setting as part of the upload process, not in the CSV file.

I am wondering if it just automatically sends out (without a yes/no setting) the email or tries to send out an email (and does not notify you of a failure). As I recall there are some site settings for sending emails which might prevent that possible automatic function from happening with a batch upload.

Good posts and useful for me, Chris

I don't see any settings for turning it on or off. In fact I think it is the default to send welcome emails to the new users uploaded by csv.

Perhaps this is only the case if Moodle auto generates passwords. The system doesn't tell you it sent emails, however it does. I was creating test accounts and foolishly used real email accounts for my users. They all got an email saying an account had been created (this included their username and randomly generated password.

I agree with Chris. Upload a single account to create a user that has one of your secondary email accounts (different from your admin email). See if you get an email. Let us know if you have success.