Cannot change language files - pleas help

Cannot change language files - pleas help

by NN NN -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

Can someone please assist me in changing the language files on my local Moodle installation?

I've tried 2 different ways of changing the language files, but no changes appear.

1. In the administration block I go to "language" -> "Language editing" -> "edit words or phrases", select the file I want to change, e.g. Moodle.php, find the phrase that I would like to change, change it, and click on the "save changes" button.

I then receive a message stating that a file was created and saved to "MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19\server/moodledata/lang/en_utf8_local/moodle.php"

at this stage no changes appear on the site. when I look at the moodle.php file created above, it only contains the few strings that I changed. Unfotunately the Moodle documentation stops there, what do I do next?

2. The other process that I tried was going to my "lang/en_utf8" folder, open moodle.php in notepad and changed the text there and saved the changes. Surely these changes should appear on the site, but it doesnt?

I'm using MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-19 on Win XP

Please help me out with this one.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to NN NN

Re: Cannot change language files - pleas help

by NN NN -
Well, in my opinion this is a bug in 1.9.5. because both processes mentioned above work fine in 1.9.4. and 1.9.3. - it would be really cool if someone could comment on this.
In reply to NN NN

by NN NN -
no one? nothing? funny how a post entitled "how to remove.." gets 11 replies, and this one gets none.
In reply to NN NN

by Wijnhold Bolt -
Perhaps NN NN is too anonymous???
Just kidding, I also didn't get one response on my question...