Help for translation strings needed

Help for translation strings needed

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi,
I'm working on the translation of some strings in quiz.php from english to german and need some help. I didn't understand really  'literal, file, link' in the context of quiz. And what is meant by 'tolerancetyp'. Here are the strings:
$string['existingcategory1'] = "a literal from an already existing set of literals that are also used by other questions in this category";
$string['existingcategory2'] = "a file from an already existing set of files that are also used by other questions in this category";
$string['existingcategory3'] = "a link from an already existing set of links that are also used by other questions in this category";
$string['keptcategory1'] = "a literal from the same category reusable set of literals as before";
$string['keptcategory2'] = "a file from the same category reusable set of files as before";
$string['keptcategory3'] = "a link from the same category reusable set of links as before";
$string['keptlocal1'] = "a literal from the same question private set of literals as before";
$string['keptlocal2'] = "a file from the same question private set of files as before";
$string['keptlocal3'] = "a link from the same question private set of links as before";
$string['literal'] = "Literal";
$string['loguniform'] = "digits, from a loguniform distribution";
$string['newcategory1'] = "a literal from a new set of literals that may also be used by other questions in this category";
$string['newcategory2'] = "a file from a new set of files that may also be used by other questions in this category";
$string['newcategory3'] = "a link from a new set of links that may also be used by other questions in this category";
$string['newlocal1'] = "a literal from a new set of literals that will only be used by this question";
$string['newlocal2'] = "a file from a new set of files that will only be used by this question";
$string['newlocal3'] = "a link from a new set of links that will only be used by this question";
$string['reuseifpossible'] = "reuse previously removed";
$string['tolerancetype'] = "Tolerance Type";
$string['uniform'] = "decimals, from a uniform distribution";
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Help for translation strings needed

by Hannes Gassert -
What is meant by "tolerance type" should become clear when you look at the authoring interface (and the help file) for calculated questions. I think you can just translate it literally, perhaps with "Abweichung" instead of "Toleranz".
The other strings belong to the "dataset dependent" question type, but I can't tell you anything about that.. I'm not even shure if that type is fully operational yet (?), but  it already has a help file you might want to consult.