Some changes in quiz behaviour required by a customer : need developper point of view

Some changes in quiz behaviour required by a customer : need developper point of view

by Valery Fremaux -
Number of replies: 4
Hi tim. Here are a set of requirements I'm trying to achieve in a customized instance of quiz. Some changes where already acheived with success, such as simplifying the question page interface. But I need also (some are maybe already possible) :

1. Force users to answer all questions in a page before allowing the "Next" or "Submit page" to operate.

2. Avoid people going back and change already answered quesitons (and submitted in attempt, althought attempt still not closed).

3. When recovering an unterminated attempt, being able to relocate the user to the last tried page, without allowing to reconsider the answers that were given on the recorded pages in attempt.

Thanks for developper point of view of sharpness of customization, and orientations to perform this.

Valery.
(Moodle code madmax) wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valery Fremaux

Re: Some changes in quiz behaviour required by a customer : need developper point of view

by Pierre Pichet -
Just to tell you that Tim is travelling (2-3 weeks) somewhere in Australia and will probably be mostly off-line for that time.

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

Re: Some changes in quiz behaviour required by a customer : need developper point of view

by Valery Fremaux -

Thanks Pierre, merci, quelle chance...

No luck for me as this seems being a quite tricky hack.

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Pierre Pichet -
Hi Valery,

1. Force users to answer all questions in a page before allowing the "Next" or "Submit page" to operate.

2. Avoid people going back and change already answered questions (and submitted in attempt, althought attempt still not closed).

My understanding is that you want each page to be an independent quiz.
The easiest way to do this is to create a quiz for each page.

But a more fundamental question is why do you want to do this?

Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Valery Fremaux -
I'm not sure the customer will appreciate that handling wink

I'm just developping hacks to anwser precise requirements. I know that the customer has a very tight learning process, abd that has been designed for Web -10.0 skilled people (its a project for teacher home care security and sanity rule basics). They need process to be very simple, coercitive and one shot for final examination. questions are very simple, and they need capturing the "first thought" of the trainees to measure impregnation of the concepts that were teached.

Moreover do they want to avoid the risk of misclicking. Most of the target has scarse use of internet, and maybe less of computers...

the track I would follow might be :

1. Finding the location of the submit button in the code (attempt.php I guess)
2. Adding a Javascript control on the button, making an IOC (Inversion of Control) through a registration table (the button checks state of any registered form control, and has not to know anithing about number and type of controls).
3. Finding (the hardest) the global strategy of question types for printing the form element (maybe there is not), or a common point in the Quiz Question abstraction (is there one ? didn't have a look yet).
4. Adding registration in the IOC array here, and registering the control callback (Javascript) of each Question element.

Cheers.