Multi Enrollment - multi codes

Multi Enrollment - multi codes

by romuald lorthioir -
Number of replies: 1
We have 2 problems with DB enrollment.

First, a Moodle course have one external Code and we need to have more than One. For example the course English study is associated with external DB data where studiants have scolar inscriptions, one on course code X and another one on course code Y and we can't change this. So we need Moodle to accept multiple enrollment code in course parameters (external id X,Y). Someone have done this before ?

Second, we have identical externel code for 2 courses. For example a studiant has a scolar inscription in English studies, so he has the code Z. In Moodle we need to enroll him in English study (with Z in extrernal Id) and English History (with Z in extrernal Id) but the sript enroll him in the first one only. For now we use meta-courses to fix this problem. But it's very difficult to maintain. So we need the enrollment script to do this multi-enrollment feature. Again, the question is : Someone have done this before (or is it in the Moodle dev team todo list) ?

Best regards,

Romuald
Average of ratings: -
In reply to romuald lorthioir

Re: Multi Enrollment - multi codes

by Scott Krajewski -
Hi Romuald,

I think I understand your questions, let me reflect them back at you with some suggestions. We have situations where 2 external courses need to be 1 moodle course. For example two sections of MATH101 (section A and B) need to be the same moodle course because the instructor wants them to be 1 moodle site. We also have situations where multiple courses are cross-listed in different departments -- an Art History course is listed both in the Art department and History department. But in moodle the 2 courses need to be 1 because they are the same course.

We use a translation table to translate these course idnumbers before putting them in the DB enrollment table. I'll make a picture:

[Registrar Course System] -> [Translation table] -> [DB Enrollment table] <-> [moodle]

We use the DB enrollment to look to the [DB Enrollment table] that we generate from the registrar data. We don't have moodle looking directly at the registrar data.

Are these situations similar to yours?
-- S