WCBS Pass Admin Database

WCBS Pass Admin Database

by Martyn Wheeler -
Number of replies: 2
My school uses a piece of software called PASS by WCBS for the administration of pupil records etc. Does anyone else use this and do they know if the database (MySQL I think) would be able to communicate with moodle for enrollment purposes? Or am I completely misunderstanding the process - i.e. do we need to create a separate database to act as a go between between the two?

Sorry if my questions are a bit naive?

Martyn
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martyn Wheeler

Re: WCBS Pass Admin Database

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you looked at the database enrolment plugin? You may be able to configure it to get the data from the PASS database directly.

If that does not work, you may need to set up an itermediate database, or maybe just a database view in the PASS database, that gets the data into the form that Moodle expects.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: WCBS Pass Admin Database

by Martyn Wheeler -
Does that mean that I have to use the external database plugin to get my list of users in the Authentication section AND use the other external database pluginin the course enrollment section?

Thanks
Martyn