Editor hotkeys

Editor hotkeys

by José Moya -
Number of replies: 1

I'm sure it is in some place of the documentation, but I can't find it.

How can you modify or disable editor hotkeys?

I want to disable the CONTROL-RIGHT hotkey, since I'm used to use it to advance to next-word.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to José Moya

Re: Editor hotkeys

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
José - I believe these are mostly defined in /lib/editor/htmlarea/htmlarea.php. I looked through the section where I would have expected to see this. You can search around line 2172 for a comment like that says: "* Ctrl modifier only.; however, I did not see anything for CRTL+Right. I just tried using Ctrl+Right in Firefox and it advances to the next word as you want. I suspect you may be using Internet Explorer and I vaguely remember this happening and I thought there was a workaround but I do not recall it off the top of my head. Peace - Anthony

p.s. - OK, I found a previous discussion in http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=68653 and searched the tracker to find that it was related to MDL-13451 which mentions a possible fix for you by commenting out the line:

case "'": cmd = "indent"; break;

(to comment out a line just put a couple // at the beginning of the line). Hopefully this will help. I did try using CTRL+Right with IE 7 and Moodle 1.8 and 1.9 and was getting the indent behavior. The tracker issue mentions this will be resolved in Moodle 2.0 as we are moving to TinyMCE rather than HTMLArea for the editor.