Problem with Workshop Module

Problem with Workshop Module

by Bob Lee -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, folks.

I'm using Moodle 1.34 and the workshop module that came with it.  My classes are small, <20, and some of the people are not doing their workshop evals of other students.  So, I'm trying to do the teacher evaluations and go with that for those students who have not had their work evaluated by other students.  The problem is that the workshop module is not recognizing my evaluations of these students and when I go to calculate their grade using just the teacher eval score, the module says their grade is zero when, in fact, it's not.  The "administration" portion of the module says there are assessments done for the students by me but when I click on those assessments to view them, there's nothing there... no assessment.  WHAT is wrong with the module?  Anybody have any advice?  I've had a few students nagging about getting a grade on their workshop activity and I can't show them yet as their grades that I have entered for their assessments are coming out as a ZERO in the calculation of their final grades.  This module is either (a) really confusing or (b) not working correctly, or (c) needs an update, or (d) needs to be simplified for us who are not rocket scientists. smile

Thanks for your help, anyone.  My students will really appreciate getting a grade and I will appreciate not having to explain to them that the workshop module is broken.  Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Lee

Re: Problem with Workshop Module

by Ray Kingdon -
Bob, seems like a bug. I do a similar thing in my workshops. If you like, "mop" up those submissions which have either not been assessed or asessed poorly. In my case the "teacher's" assessments show up fine and are counted. Recently I've tended to use the "Analysis of Assessments" in Phase 5 of the module. That may be the difference between what you're doing and my use of the module.

I throughly agree with your last sentence of the main paragraph big grin. I'm currently in the throws of testing a revised version of the module. This version should do much more of the spade work for the teacher, the current version does take a lot of "driving".

In reply to Ray Kingdon

Re: Problem with Workshop Module

by Bob Lee -

Hi, Ray

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the teacher assessments SHOULD work as I've done that before using the module but, for some reason, the teacher assessment is shown as being completed but the scores are not recorded (hence all zeroes).  I used the Phase 5 "Analysis of Assessments" to try to recoup; I did manage to get a "grade" that was reasonable for students but it was not through use of the teacher assessments (which remained zero) through use of other weights.  But I will surely be grateful when your revised version comes out smile

Thanks, Ray.