Change wording of "Congrats" screen at the end of lesson

Change wording of "Congrats" screen at the end of lesson

by K P -
Number of replies: 3

What file/where would I find the "Congratuations" message at the end of a lesson.  I need to change the wording to something more like: "You have reached the end of the lesson.  See below for your score".  What is happening is that students who are getting lesson questions incorrect or they aren't doing them are seeing that "Congrats" message at the end and assuming they have gotten full credit.  I know score is displayed right below that message, but the congrats is so big, they don't bother to look at their score.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to K P

Re: Change wording of "Congrats" screen at the end of lesson

by Steven A -
What version are you using?

I'm not sure when it started (1.9?) but it's possible to edit most language files via the front page Site Administration block.

From the front page Site Administration block go to Language → Language editing edit words or phrases → lesson.php, from the dropdown menu. Then do a search (CTRL+F) on "congratulations". Edit to taste. Save.

If you don't have that option (pre-1.9?), then you'll need to go to your server and find the lang/en_utf8/lesson.php file, open in a text editor, do a search for "congratulations". Edit to taste. Save. Upload to server.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to K P

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Kameron,
In the language pack your site is using. See Language editing and then the lesson.php file. You will need to be able to have the right permissions because this impacts the whole Moodle site.

Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by xxxxx xxxxx -

Hi,

I have the same problem - to some extent.  We are using 1.9.6 and need to take off the middle section where the grade is reported since students will not be getting a grade and the tracking section says the ticket is still open to correct this (possibly in 2.0? - records accessing but doesn't assign a grade). 

If I can't find the language setting referred to in previous posts and we're on a network vs. standalone, am I in the lesson.php file group?

Thanks!