Lesson Feedback and Sanity Check Failed?!?

Lesson Feedback and Sanity Check Failed?!?

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm fiddling around a bit with the lesson module. In theory, it can do what I want it to. In practice, it doesn't seem to, though. All the documentation says that if I turn off Display default feedback, it will show the responses for the various answers. It doesn't. Maybe it has to be set before all the questions are created and now all the questions need to be "edited" and saved for the new setting to work? I don't absolutely remember if I tried that but I think I did and it didn't work...I don't know. Ideas?

Also, I was looking in the language pack, hoping it might give me ideas for where to fix my problem (sometimes it does, it could happen) and I ran across a section I have never seen and am now very curious about: Sanity Check Failed: This attempt has been deleted. What is this?!? Apparently, I've never failed my sanity check, so I've never seen it. What kind of circumstances would it show up in?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Lesson Feedback and Sanity Check Failed?!?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Melanie > the documentation says that if I turn off Display default feedback, it will show the responses for the various answers. It doesn't.

Check your Flow control settings against this table.

Flow control
settings (in bold)

case #1: the teacher entered a feedback message for incorrect responses

display review button

YES

YES

NO

NO

Display default feedback

YES

NO

YES

NO

text displayed after incorrect student choice:

"Not quite. Would you like to try again?"

feedback message entered by teacher

feedback message entered by teacher

case #2: the teacher did not enter a feedback message for incorrect responses

display review button

YES

YES

NO

NO

Display default feedback

YES

NO

YES

NO

text displayed after incorrect student choice:

"That's the wrong answer"

nothing

Joseph
PS.- Remember the usual forums netiquette: only ONE QUESTION PER POST.wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: Sanity Check Failed?!?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Melanie,
First, a big thanks to Joseph for letting me answer the profound and obscure, second question. wink

"Never failed a sanity check" LOL. Must be the glass half full. Your pointed question leads me to wonder if I have been passing Moodle sanity checks all these years and not known it. Must be something wrong there. big grin Maybe those "developers" are afraid to tell me/us in case we get the wrong idea.

I did a search for "sanity" in some of the Lesson php files. Why not? Who would have thought that fractional grades would need a sanity check? (mod/lesson/locallib.php). Explains why my sanity has never been checked, I never use them smile

What a way to start the day! Just one laugh after the other. Great double post.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Melanie Scott -
Thanks Chris & Joseph,
I haven't gotten the chance to check my settings but will this afternoon.

I don't use fractional grades either...I saw that and thought, "What, I hit the wrong button and Chtulu jumps out?!?" Possibly cool, but don't think I want to try it.
In reply to Chris Collman

by Melanie Scott -
Checked out the directions and they work wonderfully! I never connected the review button to the feedback. Maybe I should have asked sooner...

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Melanie,
I'm glad it worked for you in the end. There are so many settings in the Lesson module that it is really difficult to understand how they can affect each other. No harm to ask...
Joseph