Lithuanian language

Lithuanian language

by Sarunas Jampolskis -
Number of replies: 2

I am working with moodle about 7 months and feel biggrin.gif. I am writing thesis about Adaptive distance education adopted for Lithuanian secondary schools and also planing to use comercialy moodle.

I'll complete all the translations in a month, but want to share them only on July. Then I also will share new theme.

I had a problem of coding, because date/time coding is 'Baltic (Windows)' and all the rest - iso-8859-1. sad.gif.

Lthuanian letters are converted to codes like ū in the text.
I can write and then see lithuanian letters on the page, but when making changes, i see codes. It's ok for me, but new users would feel unconfortable. It's also causing problems to database, I had to make bigger fields (50) for name and last name because of these codes. Is there any other solution?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarunas Jampolskis

Re: Lithuanian language

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is solvable I'm sure - I remember another language pack had this problem (Chinese?). You shouldn't be getting the codes coming up at all. As I recall you need to have the locale and the encoding set correctly BEFORE you start entering other strings. ('locale' and 'thischarset' in moodle.php). Locale should probably be 'lt_LT'.

Looking forward to your language pack! If you can get it to me by the end of May then I can include it in the 1.0.9 release. You may want to work with a recent nightly version or the 1.0.9 beta which is coming out in a week or so, since there are lots of new strings since 1.0.8.1.