Assignment feedback

Assignment feedback

by Cliff Thompson -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I am new to moodle and I have looked through some feeds from last year on this subject but I dont seem to have an answer (or maybe I have missed it).

My students have submitted their assignments for me to mark as draft versions.  The  emails have arrived and I have access to them.  I marked one using the comments and track changes in the word ribbon (word 2007).  I saved the file and mistakenly thought a new file would have been produced in the student area showing my commented file!!

My question is; is there a way of doing this which saves time?  I can save the file and re upload the marked one, which is OK for the odd one, but when you have 50 or so it takes up a lot of valuable "mytime".  Does anyone have any ideas on this or found out how it can be done please.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cliff Thompson

Re: Assignment feedback

by Mike Worth -
Depending what the work is, why not use the plain text assignment? That way you can comment inline straight in moodle.

You will also avoid problems caused by students not having this new fangled word ribbon thingie.

Mike
In reply to Cliff Thompson

Re: Assignment feedback

by Paul Fynn -

Cliff, I think that you need to set the assignment type to 'upload multiple files' and then limit the number of files uploaded to 1. This should give you the opportunity to reload the amended draft as a response file.

In terms of teh fifty that are already created, probably quicker to emaul them bach to the students concerned big grin  Paul

In reply to Paul Fynn

Re: Assignment feedback - providing detailed feedback

by Peter Evans -

I also use the comments feature in Word to provide feedback. Based on my experience, I created an addin to Microsoft Word (2003 or 2007) to save me time by automating repetitive tasks e.g. retyping common comments, adding and rescaling marks, selecting standards in marking Rubrics, Googling and highlighting text and returning assignments via email.

A 10 minute overview of using the software to mark an assignment is available at:

http://www.baker-evans.com/emarking-assistant/movies/using/

I generally return the assignments in Moodle (so there is an audit copy of the original and the marked version) but the software also includes a button to return the assignment via email -- or you could use the new fangled OFFICE BUTTON > SEND > EMAIL option

The screen movie contains a link to the eMarking Assistant site where you can download a 30 day trial of the software.

http://emarking-assistant.baker-evans.com

Peter Evans