Quiz Review MC questions incorrect answers not showing red background

Quiz Review MC questions incorrect answers not showing red background

by Ray Pierce -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to resolve an issue with MC and Multi Answer questions not showing the standard red background for incorrect answers. With all other question types that are answered incorrectly the wrong answer is highlighted in red along with a big red X next to the answer. This is not happening with MC & MA question types.

I have been working with the styles_color.css file in the standard theme and made several permutations with varying results. I am able to modify the background colors for the feedback line with the word "Incorrect". When I do this the incorrect answer background color for all other question types except MC & MA changes as well. It seems like there should be a call for a class that affects those two question types but I don't know where to look. In the CSS file there are specific classes for MULTIANSWER questions but any changes I have made to them have no affect.

Below is a screenshot that illustrates my issue:

Quiz Screenshot

With the True False question you can see that the incorrect answer is highlighted in red but the Multi Answer question above is not. If there is anyone who can help I will be grateful.

Ray

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Pierce

Re: Quiz Review MC questions incorrect answers not showing red background

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ray,

Curiously in #mod-quiz-review there is an .answer.text.correct class but there is no equivalent answer.text.incorrect class! Here is a workaround, to copy-paste at the end of your cornflower.css file:

#mod-quiz-review .text {background-color:#ffaaad}
#mod-quiz-review .text.correct {background-color:#aaffaa!important;}

See attached screenshot,

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ray Pierce -

Joseph,

Thank you! That work around did the trick.

I'll have to put you in my will.

Ray

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Joseph,

This question is not directly related to this topic, but I was wondering if you know in which tables the correct, partially correct and incorrect answers to quiz questions are stored? I'm writing a report script and I need to display that information.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Muyi