how do i add multiple files to a lesson?

how do i add multiple files to a lesson?

by Yanislav Galyov -
Number of replies: 3
hi all,

i want to attach some .pdf files and maybe some small video files to a lesson. how can i do that? any help will be greatly appreciated.

one more thing, is there a way to increase the size of the attached file more than 2MB ?

thank you in advance.

have a nice day,
y.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yanislav Galyov

Re: how do i add multiple files to a lesson?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Upload them to your course files (you can put them in a folder and zip the folder and upload the zipped folder to save time -then unzip it in the course files) Then go to your lesson page and make a hyperlink to the relevant file. Students will then click on it to access the file.

You can increase the maximum file size by going to course settings in the course admin block - if it is 2MB maximum there you need to check with your moodle admin to increase it via site admin. You can also increase it via the server but you need to alter the code for that.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yanislav Galyov -
thank you!

although, can you give me more details how to do it? i checked the menu and couldnt find anything. and if i need to change the code, can you guide me where i should look for?

In reply to Yanislav Galyov

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
Linking can be tricky. I got fairly good at linking within a Moodle course and then within a Moodle site, from one course to another in 2006 with 1.5.

I just went in and updated a page I created back then with examples from demo.moodle.org. HTML linking is the page.

I would really encourage Mary, Tim and everyone to review that page. I am not real clear on the Moodle schema and code nomenclature, just what seems to work. For example forums pages have an id= 215 but also have an f=16, or forum=16 or a d=245 depending upon where you are at and what you are doing in the forum.

A lesson page link is fairly straight forward. http://demo.moodle.org/mod/lesson/view.php?id=224&pageid=113. I take this to means something like "Activity id=224 is the lesson and pageid is the page in the lesson. All these probably relate to a unique number created in the MySQL table at the time the lesson and/or page was created.

A link to a resource is also straight forward. For example http:// demo.moodle.org/file.php/3/overview.doc leads to a word document located in the Features Demo course. leads to an image file in the Higher Education Film Studies Module course.

Obviously, don't take my word for it, check those links in your context. Hope this helps.

Best Chris