An assignment cycle

An assignment cycle

by Interactive Learning -
Number of replies: 4
Hi all,

I have a Moodle course containing several "Advanced Uploading of Files" activities and I would like the assignment process to work in a cycle format as follows:

1. Students upload a file(s)

2. The file(s) get graded by a teacher

3. Once the file(s) has been graded I would like the assignment to be "refreshed". By this I mean that the uploaded file is archived in some way. The assignment is then "emptied" for more files to be uploaded and the cycle repeats.

Please could someone let me know if this is possible?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Interactive Learning

Re: An assignment cycle

by Ray Lawrence -
Have you seen the Reset link in the Administration block? That may help (but it's course wide).

Edit: I missed the archive requirement... no, that's not possible in the way you describe.

Could you move the assignment and hide it from students and set up a new one. The import option could be used to import a "template" assignment.
In reply to Interactive Learning

by ben reynolds -
Hi Mark,
A quick review of Advanced Uploading's documentation at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Advanced_uploading_of_files_assignment says to me that it can do everything you want. You can turn off deleting files, which will archive anything put up. The max limit for uploading is 20 files.

You can switch back to "draft" status to return to student for more work.

You can also change the grade during each cycle. The only thing I don't think will happen is preservation of a series of grades.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Ray Lawrence -
That's true, I thought Mark was looking more for a "Refresh this assignment" button.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Interactive Learning -
Thanks guys,

I am using the switching to draft method.

I have also created a hyperlink that directs the teacher to the student's upload area and gives them an option to zip the files.

The link is as follows:

/files/index.php?id=2&wdir=%2Fmoddata%2Fassignment%2F<assignment id>%2F<user id>&choose=