Matching type quiz question

Matching type quiz question

by Greg Klein -
Number of replies: 3
How do I have a matching question where there are three questions and the order of the answers doesn't matter for grading purposes?  For instance if I ask the question, "What are the first three letters of the alphabet?" and provide three drop-down boxes, if the answers provided are "C", "B" and "A" or any other order, the question is counted as correct?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Klein

Re: Matching type quiz question

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That is not currently possible. I would like to make a question type like this one day, but have never had the time.
In reply to Greg Klein

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I have quite recently had a need for this kind of question type. But I would not call it a "matching question" (at least not from the example provided by Greg). What I need (and Greg will confirm if that is also what he had in mind) is more like a cloze type question which would look as follows. Oh, and I would also sometimes need the student to give n out of nn possible correct answers. This would be a kind of mix between the existing close question and the 3rd party question types based on regular expressions.
Question: Name 3 vowels of the latin alphabet
code for the Answer text: {:JUMBLED:3:a|e|i|o|u}
Displayed question for student would look something like
Name 3 vowels of the latin alphabet _____ ______ ______
accepted answers:
a e i
a i e
e a i
a o u
u a o
etc.
Tim, when you have plenty of time on your hands, I'm sure you'd be pleased to work on that kind of question type.wink
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, I seem to spend all my time working on the quiz infrastructure, and there is still plenty of work to do there.