Overriden Grades not resetting.

Overriden Grades not resetting.

by Natalie Jordan -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Moodlers

I posted a message previously because some of my grades have become overridden and can not be marked from the assignments screen.

With the Help of Nic and Helen I now know how to unlock them from the Grades Screen,

When I do this however it is sometimes taking 3 attempts to unoverride the offending item. I am very concerned that something is very wrong.

Particularly since I know neither me or any members of my team have ever marked from the Grade screen and have certainly never clicked the override check box.

Does anyone know how this might have happened.

I know that it is possible to write an SQL query to change them all in batch, however I am not sure at this time how to do this

But I am additoinally concerned that this has become a problem at all.

In reply to Natalie Jordan

Re: Overriden Grades not resetting.

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm having the same problem here. It's happening more and more and leading to big problems.

See the screenshots.

I can uncheck the 'override' option and save, but it's not being saved. Next Time I open this grade the check is there again.

I'm certain teachers don't put this check there. They appear at random in our gradelist. This particular course has 100 students and now I have 3 of them where the grade nor the feedback can be altered.

Is this a bug?

Attachment Image1.jpg
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Natalie and Richard, I've tried and failed to reproduce the problem you describe, sorry. mixed

Please could one of you report it in the Moodle Tracker, giving as much detail as possible, then post the tracker issue number in the discussion for others to comment / watch / vote for it to be fixed.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Helen,

I can't reproduce this. We are working on a production evironment with around 1300 active students. It just occurs every now and then, but luckily not that often.

I have no access to the database to restore it.

Perhaps Natalie can issue a tracker, I saw she had an account already.

One thing that might cause this...

We use a custom grading scale. The scale is 'Completed' or 'Not Completed' in our own language.

Now we made a mistake making this scale, as it should be ranked from low to high. So we should have started with 'Not Completed'. I am not able to alter this though as many tests have already been graded using this scale and I can't oversee the consequences if I will alter the scale now.

The grades where this error occurs go from scale 'completed/not completed' to '1/2 or 2/2'. So somehow Moodle looses the scale. See this screenshot...

Attachment Image1.jpg
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ann Adamcik -
We're seeing this here, and I've been able to reproduce the behavior on demo.moodle.org. It seems to be related to html in the feedback fields. See MDL-18095.