Overall Course Grade Not Showing in Student View

Overall Course Grade Not Showing in Student View

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 1
Hello-
Odd problem here and am certain I am just forgetting something really obvious here. Take a look at the screen shot and you can see that the Course Grade is being calculated correctly- but is grayed out. I have looked at every setting related to this that I know of and do not have it hidden from students as far as I can show.

Also - the words "Course Grade" show up on the student report but they just do not have any grade displayed so the "Course Grade" label shows but grade is hidden. You can also see on the categories tab that I do not have the eyeball closed. I experimented with opening up all four topics but no luck. I have the Parent Category "Intro to Moodle" set to "Mean of Grades" and each of the four Topics (Categories) are also set as "Mean of Grades". It is calculating the course grade correctly, just not displaying it. Trying to find my Happy place with Gradebook but I am far from there yet but have not given up!

My grades are just a straight average - total points earned/total points possible. I created 4 topics so it is easy for me as an instructor to see how the students are doing each week, since scrolling is so difficult and it is hard to see what student earned what grade when you scroll and the name moves off the screen (I wish they could change this - makes gradebook VERY unfriendly)

Thanks for any help you can give. We are running v1.9.2 Thanks!
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: Overall Course Grade Not Showing in Student View

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Can someone help? I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have. I have hit a wall! Thanks!