Maximum grade point value visible in gradebook

Maximum grade point value visible in gradebook

by Rita Smith-Simms -
Number of replies: 6
We just upgraded to Moodle 1.9 and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set the preferences of the gradebook to display the maximum grade point values for each assignment, quiz, graded discussion, etc. for both the teachers and students to view.

Right now, the only display is the name of the assignment. I've tried working with every setting possible in the Grader Report and haven't been able to see any differences.

I'm hoping it's something real simple and I just haven't found it yet. I find all the new settings available to me for the gradebook a bit overwhelming so I'm sure I'm missing something. I have not touched the "Grade Category Settings" so I hope that's not where I need to do it.

HELP! THANKS!

In reply to Rita Smith-Simms

Re: Maximum grade point value visible in gradebook

by Elena Ivanova -
hm, I only see how to make it visible to instructor - click Show Ranges link on top of the Grader report. I do not see any option to allow students to view those though. Rather bad, if this is the case.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Nicolas Connault -
You're correct, the user report doesn't have this information. The user report is on the roadmap for a major facelift, because it is seriously lacking in many areas. I will post here when we have some plans laid out for improvement.
In reply to Nicolas Connault

by Tiffany Morgan -
I have yet to be able to upgrade to 1.9.5 and the new gradebook. Is this feature of showing total points possible for quizzes, assignments, etc available in the new gradebook?
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Elena Ivanova -
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Tiffany Morgan -
Wonderful! I know students are going to want to know how many points an assignment or quiz is worth before they start it..
Thanks!
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Gary Sutcliff -

I haved stopped trying to figure out this Maximum grade thingie and now include the maximumpoints in tehname of the assignment.  Still, it would be lice to have Maximum Points working as without it, my Category and Course totals are laughable.