with the exeception of putting it into maintenance mode (not really sure if that has anything to do with the problem).
Everything seems to go smoothly. All my news posts are on the front page; and when I check in the database all the users and their information are there (including passwords).
The problem is that I can't seem to log in. I type my username and password and the page just refreshes. Interestingly enough when I type the incorrect username and password, I get brought to the log in page with the error: "Invalid login, please try again". Its like it knows when I'm using the right username and password but it still can't let me in.
I attempted to change the password using the passchange.php script provided by Shane Elliot in this post:
but that doesn't seem to help either. I think it may have something to do with the files, but I'm stumped.
Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
New Server Mac Server 10.5
Old Server Mac Server 10.4
Incorrect sesskey submitted, form not accepted!
I found my answer in the tracker:
Essentially I needed to change the permissions of the moodledata folder to 777 (actually it should be all the folders in the moodledata folder, but a chmod -R will get them all too...if I weren't on a test server I might not do it this way)
Thanks to Geraldo Xexeo for the answer for the fix.
Martin made a posting here:
Essentially at the time I did the migration I was logged in. If I had put the thing in maintenance mode (like the instructions told me too) I wouldn't have run into the problem.
*banging head on the wall*
Actually when u reinstall or upgrade moodle, you need change the CHMOD, but after u finish these, can visit your site normally, can post then u should change the CHMOD back, or it is unsafe, all external visitors can download or link from your datas.
Funnily enough I was in that same situation earlier today - it turned out that I had created a database which had used the 'default' encoding. On checking it was claiming to be UTF-8, and so I thought nothing of it. However, I couldn't log in - error was saying 'Your session has expired, please log in again'.
An incorrect log in was still behaving normally - i.e. 'Invalid Login'
What I did was to create a new database and this time set the encoding to UTF-8 from the outset (and not rely on the default setting). As soon as I did, I could then log in.
Now, all of this is on a test server that is actually a normal mac, and I was using MAMP as the environment. Sequel Pro created the databases for me and I manually placed the moodle data folder and moodle code into the MAMP folder and htdocs folder respectively.
The moral for me was to not take shortcuts when creating the database - check it is what it should be!