new filter: embed questions anywhere

new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
hello all smile

i made a new filter that embed questions from the question bank anywhere in any resource or activity (in preview mode). grades are not counted !

see: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-17314

feedbacks are welcome smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

תשובה ל: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Lea Cohen -

Hi Nadav,

We use this plugin and are very happy with it. But now that we're moving to Moodle 2, it doesn't seem to work - it seems that the format of quiz and question previewing is different from Moodle 1.9.

Have you happened to make a Moodle 2  version of this filter?

Thank you,

Lea

In reply to Lea Cohen

Re: תשובה ל: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I had forgotten about this, so thanks for the reminder. The problem with this feature is security, as I say in the linked bug report - and I still don't have a really good idea how to solve that, but I have been thinking about it because implementing this is on our todo list at the OU. (Not very near the top, but it is on the list.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: תשובה ל: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Itamar Tzadok -

I have a sort of experimental implementation but right now I don't have the time to finalize it. It works in the Dataform and may be populated to the course page in various ways including the Dataform autolink filter. An illustration of that (with the Dataform embedded resource) could be found at http://substantialmethods.com/subject/view.php?id=6&topic=1. The page should display an embedded random question from the list. I've added so far only a few of the available question methods. So many options and so little time to document them all. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Lea Cohen -

Hi Itamar,

Thank you for posting this example. It looks great. Could you possibly share the code for it?

Thanks
Lea

In reply to Lea Cohen

Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Itamar Tzadok -

I'm definitely planning to share it as soon as it is ready for sharing. I have a list of other developments that I'm currently preparing for sharing, so it may take some time. smile

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

Re: new filter: embed questions anywhere

by Brendan Lalor -

I'm excited about this filter and will be testing it very soon. The security issues are not as significant for me, although I look forward to enhancements in the future.

I noticed that the latest update was last month... So do you consider this filter to be in active development?

Personally, I consider it essential to a number of important endeavors! Thank you for your work on it!

~Brendan

In reply to Brendan Lalor

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

When you say "this filter" where is the code?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Brendan Lalor -

Hi, Tim. I meant the attachment on the referenced page, http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-17314 ... which didn't work for me.

Incidentally, based on what I'm learning, I could probably achieve what I'd like (e.g., embedding quiz questions and other activities elegantly and directly in course e-readings) by using Moodle as an LTI provider and WordPress or something as an LTI consumer.

Might that be about right?